We explore what it takes to discover inner strength in us through experiencing the positive energy about feeling good about yourself through motivational quotes and mirror work. This is not only a quotes page, but in typical This Feeling Human fashion, it is a process of discovering what gems lie in us through the quotes and anchoring our strengths and inner resources through self-hypnosis visualisations.
Feeling Good Quotes with Mirror Work
Before getting into the details in the rest of the content below, we get to the core exercise to build up a habit of feeling good about your day and about yourself through affirming feel good quotes done in the mirror.
Start the day connecting with your soul by looking into the mirror and gazing at your eyes. Spend some time to look lovingly and maintain eye contact. As you breathe in, channel the loving energy into a mantra or quote for the day's reflection.
Allow the loving words to linger as you exhale. Feel all the sensations that arise in your body as you maintain the eye contact and repeat the mantra for at least three times.
Do this with love any time you look at the mirror. You can recite the quote or mantra aloud or speak silently in your heart. You can also use the phone's camera for this exercise.
The goal is to practice this as many times a day whenever you are in front of your camera or the mirror, and in the beginning, use the same familiar mantra, or similar variations of the mantra.
For example, I've adapted from Theodore Roosevelt's quote: "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." for my mirror work exercise which is what I need in this time of uncertainty and stress at work. I'm telling myself I'm doing all that I can with all that I have and that's good enough. I feel good knowing I'm human and I'm trying.
The three step infographic for the feeling good quote with mirror work above should be sufficient to ease you into a daily habit of feeling good and loving self.
Time to pick some quotes!
Feeling Good About Yourself Quotes
For a start pick one mantra or quote that speaks to you and use it consistently until the habit is formed. If you'd like to rotate, use different quotes as a way to reflect from time to time, after the habit has been formed.
Here's a list of quotes and mantras I'd like to use.
I'm good enough.
I'm doing what I can, with what I have, given where I am and that's good enough.
Thank you for trying.
“We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
Mistakes are proof that I'm trying.
Thank you for the courage to show up even when you don't feel like it.
I love myself deeply and completely.
Unveiling the Most Motivational Quotes for Feeling Good About Yourself
In times of doubt and struggle, finding inner strength can be a challenging journey. We all need a boost of motivation to feel good about ourselves and overcome obstacles. That’s where inspirational quotes come into play. In this article, we unveil a curated collection of the most motivational quotes to uplift your spirits and ignite your confidence.
From renowned authors to influential figures, these quotes offer wisdom and encouragement to help you tap into your inner power. Whether you're facing professional challenges, personal setbacks, or simply need a daily dose of positivity, you'll find inspiration in these powerful words.
Embrace the empowering quotes that speak to your heart and allow them to guide you towards self-belief and personal growth. Let them serve as reminders that you possess the strength and resilience to overcome any hurdle that comes your way.
Get ready to unlock your potential and embrace the journey of self-discovery as we dive into the most motivational quotes that will leave you feeling empowered, inspired, and ready to conquer the world.
Finding Inner Strength
In My Guest House book (which is a free ebook on the power of feelings), we learn to seek wisdom in the experiences we face. I wrote it because of my personal struggles with dealing with big emotions.
However, a turning point for me was when I started to see there was a purpose and wisdom calling out to me to discern decisions in troubled times. This was the genesis of This Feeling Human, and my subsequent endeavour with my wife and psychotherapist at My Inner Child Clinic, to develop immersive tools for mood regulation at Calm3d.com.
We all have inner strength, it is a matter of channeling our focused attention on what matters. Mirror work and motivational quotes are like the keys to your supercar. Combined together, they are anchors to help us recall powerful states which we experienced in the past, in similar situations in which we overcame, or in times we felt confident. It could also be empowering visions of the future, which brings hope and a driving force to shape our purposeful endeavour.
The Power of Motivational Quotes
Motivational quotes have a profound impact on our mindset and emotions. They have the power to inspire, uplift, and transform our lives. These quotes are like guiding lights that remind us of our inner strength and capabilities. When we read or hear motivational quotes, they resonate with our deepest desires and aspirations, pushing us to strive for greatness.
Motivational quotes are not just empty words; they hold immense power in their simplicity.
They have the ability to change the way we think, feel, and act. By internalizing these quotes, we can shift our mindset towards positivity and self-belief. They act as a catalyst for personal growth and help us overcome challenges by reminding us of our inner potential.
Motivational quotes also have the incredible ability to connect people. They serve as a common language that transcends boundaries, cultures, and backgrounds. When we share motivational quotes with others, we create a sense of unity and inspire each other to reach new heights.
Benefits of Feeling Good About Yourself
Feeling good about yourself is essential for overall well-being and success. When you have a positive self-image, you exude confidence and attract positive opportunities into your life. Here are some key benefits of feeling good about yourself:
1. Improved Mental Health: When you have a positive self-image, you are less likely to experience anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues. Feeling good about yourself boosts your self-esteem and promotes a healthy mindset.
2. Increased Productivity: When you feel good about yourself, you are more motivated to take action and achieve your goals. You have a higher level of self-efficacy, which translates into increased productivity and success.
3. Enhanced Relationships: Feeling good about yourself allows you to build healthier and more fulfilling relationships. When you have a positive self-image, you attract positive people into your life and create stronger connections.
4. Greater Resilience: When faced with challenges, feeling good about yourself gives you the strength to bounce back and persevere. It helps you develop resilience and overcome obstacles with confidence.
5. Improved Physical Health: Feeling good about yourself has a positive impact on your physical health. Studies have shown that individuals with higher self-esteem are more likely to engage in healthy behaviors such as exercise and proper nutrition.
How Motivational Quotes Can Boost Self-Esteem
Motivational quotes have the power to boost self-esteem by reminding us of our worth and potential. Here's how they can help:
1. Inspiration: Motivational quotes inspire us to dream big and believe in ourselves. They provide a source of inspiration to pursue our goals and overcome self-doubt.
2. Positive Affirmations: Motivational quotes often act as positive affirmations that counter negative self-talk. By repeating these affirmations, we reprogram our subconscious mind to believe in our abilities.
3. Perspective Shift: Motivational quotes have the ability to shift our perspective and reframe our thoughts. They help us see challenges as opportunities for growth and empower us to take action.
4. Validation: Motivational quotes validate our feelings and experiences. They remind us that we are not alone in our struggles and that others have faced similar obstacles and triumphed.
5. Daily Reminders: By incorporating motivational quotes into our daily routines, we create a constant reminder of our worth and capabilities. These reminders help us maintain a positive mindset and boost our self-esteem.
Motivational quotes have the power to transform our mindset and elevate our self-esteem. By embracing their wisdom and incorporating them into our lives, we can tap into our inner strength and unleash our true potential.
Famous Motivational Quotes and Their Impact
Throughout history, famous individuals have shared their wisdom and motivation through powerful quotes. These quotes have resonated with millions of people worldwide and continue to inspire generations. Here are some famous motivational quotes and their impact:
1. "The only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs: This quote from the late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs encourages individuals to pursue their passions and find fulfillment in their work. It has inspired countless entrepreneurs and professionals to follow their dreams and create meaningful impact.
2. "Believe you can and you're halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt: This quote by the 26th President of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, emphasizes the importance of self-belief. It has motivated individuals to overcome self-doubt and achieve their goals, reminding them that confidence is key to success.
3. "Your time is limited, don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs: Another powerful quote from Steve Jobs reminds us of the importance of living authentically and pursuing our own path. It has inspired individuals to break free from societal expectations and embrace their true selves.
4. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill: This quote by former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill emphasizes the importance of resilience and perseverance. It has motivated individuals to keep pushing forward in the face of adversity and not be deterred by temporary setbacks.
5. "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela: This quote by the late South African leader Nelson Mandela inspires individuals to embrace failure as a stepping stone to success. It has encouraged countless people to view challenges as opportunities for growth and to never give up on their dreams.
These famous motivational quotes have had a profound impact on individuals around the world. They have served as beacons of hope and inspiration, reminding us of our inner strength and resilience.
Finding Inner Strength Through Self-Reflection
Finding inner strength begins with self-reflection. It involves taking the time to understand ourselves, our values, and our goals. Here are some strategies to help you uncover your inner strength:
1. Journaling: Start a journaling practice to explore your thoughts, emotions, and aspirations. Write down your strengths, accomplishments, and the challenges you have overcome. Reflect on your past experiences and identify the qualities that have helped you navigate difficult situations.
2. Meditation: Incorporate meditation into your daily routine to quiet your mind and connect with your inner self. Take a few minutes each day to sit in silence and observe your thoughts and emotions. Through meditation, you can gain clarity and tap into your inner wisdom.
3. Seeking Support: Surround yourself with a supportive network of friends, family, or mentors who believe in you and encourage your personal growth. Share your aspirations and challenges with them, and seek their guidance and support along your journey.
4. Setting Goals: Set clear and achievable goals that align with your values and aspirations. Break these goals into smaller, actionable steps and track your progress. Celebrate your achievements along the way to boost your confidence and motivation.
5. Embracing Vulnerability: Embrace vulnerability as a strength rather than a weakness. Allow yourself to be authentic and open about your fears and insecurities. By embracing vulnerability, you create space for personal growth and connection with others.
Finding inner strength is a lifelong journey that requires self-reflection and self-awareness. By dedicating time to understand yourself and cultivate your strengths, you can tap into your inner power and navigate life's challenges with confidence.
Incorporating Motivational Quotes into Daily Routines
Incorporating motivational quotes into your daily routines is a powerful way to stay inspired and motivated. Here are some strategies to help you integrate motivational quotes into your daily life:
1. Morning Ritual: Start your day by reading or listening to motivational quotes. Create a habit of choosing a quote that resonates with you and reflecting on its meaning. Write it down or save it as your phone's wallpaper to serve as a daily reminder.
2. Visualization: Pair motivational quotes with visualization exercises. Close your eyes, visualize your goals, and repeat a motivational quote that aligns with your aspirations. This combination of visualization and affirmation can boost your motivation and focus.
3. Quote of the Day: Choose a quote of the day and share it with others. Whether it's through social media, email, or a conversation with a friend, spreading positivity through motivational quotes can inspire not only yourself but also those around you.
4. Inspiration Board: Create an inspiration board or digital folder where you can collect and display your favorite motivational quotes. Surround yourself with these visual reminders of your inner strength and resilience.
5. Bedtime Reflection: End your day by reflecting on a motivational quote that resonates with you. Use it as a source of inspiration and encouragement as you prepare for a restful night's sleep. Let it guide your dreams and set the tone for the next day.
By incorporating motivational quotes into your daily routines, you create a positive and empowering environment that fuels your personal growth and success.
Overcoming Self-Doubt with Motivational Quotes
Self-doubt can be a major obstacle on the path to finding inner strength. Motivational quotes can serve as powerful tools to overcome self-doubt and cultivate self-belief. Here's how you can use motivational quotes to conquer self-doubt:
1. Identify Limiting Beliefs: Recognize the negative beliefs and thought patterns that contribute to your self-doubt. Write them down and challenge their validity. Replace these limiting beliefs with motivational quotes that counteract them.
2. Create Affirmations: Turn motivational quotes into personal affirmations that address your specific areas of self-doubt. Repeat these affirmations daily to reprogram your subconscious mind and boost your self-confidence.
3. Seek Inspiration: Surround yourself with motivational quotes that inspire you to overcome self-doubt. Choose quotes that resonate with your personal struggles and aspirations. Whenever self-doubt creeps in, turn to these quotes for guidance and support.
4. Take Action: Motivational quotes alone are not enough; they must be accompanied by action. Use them as a source of inspiration to take small steps toward your goals, even when self-doubt tries to hold you back.
5. Celebrate Progress: Celebrate your achievements, no matter how small they may seem. Each step forward is a victory over self-doubt. Use motivational quotes to remind yourself of your progress and the strength it took to get there.
By harnessing the power of motivational quotes, you can overcome self-doubt and cultivate a mindset of self-belief and resilience.
The Science Behind Motivational Quotes and Their Effects on the Brain
Motivational quotes are not only inspiring but also have a scientific basis for their impact on the brain. Research has shown that positive affirmations, such as motivational quotes, can rewire the brain and improve overall well-being. Here's the science behind motivational quotes and their effects on the brain:
1. Neuroplasticity: The brain has the ability to change and adapt throughout life. When we repeat positive affirmations, such as motivational quotes, we activate neuroplasticity. This process strengthens neural pathways associated with positivity, boosting our overall well-being.
2. Cortisol Reduction: Cortisol is the stress hormone that is released when we experience negative emotions. Motivational quotes have been shown to reduce cortisol levels, leading to a decrease in stress and anxiety.
3. Dopamine Release: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter associated with pleasure and reward. Reading or hearing motivational quotes triggers the release of dopamine, creating positive emotions and a sense of motivation.
4. Self-Efficacy: Motivational quotes can increase self-efficacy, which is the belief in one's ability to accomplish tasks and achieve goals. By internalizing motivational quotes, we boost our confidence and belief in our own capabilities.
5. Emotional Regulation: Motivational quotes help regulate emotions by shifting our mindset from negative to positive. They provide a cognitive framework for reframing our thoughts and emotions, allowing us to better manage stress and adversity.
The science behind motivational quotes confirms their powerful impact on the brain. By incorporating motivational quotes into our lives, we can rewire our brains for positivity and cultivate a mindset of resilience and self-belief.
Motivational Quotes for Different Areas of Life - Relationships, Career, Personal Growth
Motivational quotes can be applied to various areas of life, including relationships, career, and personal growth.
Here are some motivational quotes tailored to these specific areas:
Relationship Quotes 1. "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." - Victor Hugo: This quote reminds us of the importance of love and acceptance in relationships. It encourages us to embrace our authentic selves and celebrate the love we receive.
2. "The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships." - Tony Robbins: This quote highlights the impact of relationships on our overall well-being. It encourages us to invest time and effort into nurturing healthy and fulfilling relationships.
3. "A strong relationship requires choosing to love each other, even in those moments when you struggle to like each other." - Unknown: This quote emphasizes the commitment and resilience needed to maintain a strong relationship. It reminds us that love requires effort and understanding, even during challenging times.
Career Quotes 1. "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius: This quote emphasizes the importance of finding passion and fulfillment in our careers. It encourages us to pursue work that aligns with our interests and values.
2. "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer: This quote challenges the notion that success leads to happiness. It reminds us that true success comes from finding joy and fulfillment in our work.
My Mission is to Feel Good about Myself
My mission is to heal from my wounds and emotional triggers by developing inner strength and emotional regulation skills. As I struggle, I channel the negative energy into my learning and healing journey and I hope that this exercise will benefit you as much as it does for me.
Here's a little more about my story and the genesis of writing My Guest House. Thanks for reading.
I also work closely with my wife, a psychotherapist specialising in inner child work, to develop mood regulation tools and life skills for inner strength and mental resilience at www.calm3d.com so do support us!